Today we are going to back up a bit on page 11. Go to Letter B and trace the shapes that you see there.
Today we will be doing a checkup on our standards, and re-writing more.
You will need to start today with a half sheet of graph paper and a pencil. You may also use the linear equation helper that we made. Wait for instructions.
For the next part of today you will need a book on page 42, a whiteboard and a marker.
Today you will be split into random teams for a competition.
You will need:
dry erase marker
the paper or picture we made to help you with linear and exponential equations. (It is also posted below.)
Your group will be eligible to earn 3 chips per table or graph.
Today you will continue working on:
page 20 #17-21
page 36 #14
Page 37 #25-28
TRY to finish by the end of the hour...
1. You will need to grab a book and a piece of paper. Go to page 20 in the book. Once everyone has their supplies, I'll give you the next instruction.
2. For #15 on page 19, your group will need to decide which message on which you would like to do the math (Grandmother, Father, Aunt Josie, Uncle Sebastian), then do it. We will share out when everyone finishes.
Today we will be making a helpful little poster to compare linear and exponential functions. Be ready for directions at the front of the room. :-)
1. We will be reviewing using exponents together at the beginning of class. Choose one person in your group to be the blog poster. Everyone else will work out the answers and tell the poster what to post. First group to post the correct answers will earn points. I will know that you are ready to begin when you have paper and pencil or whiteboard and marker out and ready to go.
2. For a quick review of what we already know about exponential functions and to open your brains a little further, watch this video. You may watch it on your own or with your group. Feel free to stop the video and ask questions at any time.
3. Now you will start on Section 1.3 on page 11. Be sure to answer the question on page 11 before moving on. We may or may not be able to finish this section today. The proof that you did finish the section is to turn in the work on pages 12 and 13.
Each person at your table needs a book, and to figure out how they want to turn in their proof.
Page 9 is where you are going.
1. Post to the blog what is meant by:
2. Starting on page 10, you may use checkers and a checkerboard to illustrate the story and to make a table. The directions and the questions that go with the story start on page 11.
3. You will need to do problem 1.2 as your proof that you understand today's math.